Monday, July 2, 2012

We had a really nice (rainy) weekend. I made it out Friday night to spend some time with some special friends. I won’t go into great detail but I met one of the girls (Christi) years ago through a mutual friend and we just hit it off. We have kept in touch through the years and through our life changes, etc. I got the news over Christmas of last year that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. It sat very heavy on my heart. She is a mom to two, a step-mom to one, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a best friend, etc. So -she went through SIX rounds of chemo and a double mastectomy and is now cancer free. What an amazing woman. So, I got to see her for a bit Friday night and then spend time with some other friends. It was good.



Saturday I had a bridal shower to attend for a friend I just don’t see (or talk to) near enough. I also go to catch up with some other friends at the shower – that was a real treat. The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. We were supposed to have dinner at a friend’s house on Saturday but that got foiled due to the rain. BOOOOO. But the rain was certainly welcomed!


Gray is OFFICIALLY ON THE MOVE! He started crawling on Saturday morning and hasn’t stopped since. Yall, he will be 8 months old tomorrow. Gates didn’t start crawling until he was 1.5 years old. Just kidding – but really, he was so laid back, he didn’t care about getting anywhere. Gray HAS to be the center of attention at all times….does it sound like anyone else we know? ;)


And Gates is almost officially potty trained. How these two things have happened right before our eyes with so little effort from us is amazing! I am so scared to blink – they will be off in school or getting married. SLOW DOWN!


Today is my momma’s birthday. Oh how I wish she were here. There is NO doubt in my mind that her only birthday wish would be to spend time with her family. That’s just the way she was – very simple. Didn’t want much. And she would be OVER the moon about my two little boys….simply over the moon. So happy birthday, Momma. I love you so much – I have to believe you knew / know that. You have been the biggest influence in my life. If only you were here for me to tell you that.


Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment