Thursday, June 28, 2012

a little of this & that

I really can not believe more people are not concerned about this extreme heat. I mean – if every summer gets hotter and hotter – what are we going to do? Texas will become uninhabitable. It is crazy. And it isn’t even the hottest time of the summer yet! I can’t handle it. Every summer I become very dramatic (can you tell) about this. And how I don’t think my ac works as good as it should. And how I think they should stop making (maybe they have) SUVs without ac vents in the roof – that’s just stupid for families with rear facing car seats. I hate to put Gray in the car if it hasn’t had time to cool down for fear that he doesn’t feel any of the air blowing back there. Ugh….drives me nuts.
Anyway – last weekend was tons of fun. Friday night we didn’t do much of anything (I can’t even remember) and Saturday I woke up and hit the road with Natalie to Galveston. Get us together and we are hi-larious. We were headed there for Colleen’s mom’s birthday – but neither one of us knew exactly where we were going. How have we made it this far? Ha! But the drive was so enjoyable. We have been friends forever (literally – we have been the best of friends since 1989. Is that scary or what?) and our lives have taken such similar paths. We have kids the same age and can relate so much to what the other one is going through. So it is so rare that we have the time away from all the chaos to just chat. And we like to do that….chat.  We finally made it to Galveston and had such a special time celebrating a very special woman in our lives – Glenda! It was so much fun. Sunday we woke up and headed home and had plenty of time to spend with our families before the week started again. To my surprise, when I got home the entire house was clean and the kids were fed and happy! It was such a nice break.

I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey. That’s all I will say about that -  ill keep you posted as I make my way through it.

And Gates started swim lessons on Tuesday! I was so nervous about this. I hated swim lessons when I was growing up. I remember vividly throwing a big fit about having to go and my parents making me (now I understand the importance, of course). And I remember my mom buying me a cabbage patch doll when I had finally completed the course. Oh man, I was more excited to be done with the lessons than I was about the Cabbage Patch. Cam’s mom is great- she offered to handle all the swim lesson logistics so she takes Gates on Tuesdays and Thursday for the lesson at 1030 and then he spends the rest of the afternoon with her. Doesn’t get much sweeter, right? She said he did great on Tuesday – after some apprehension. I was happy to hear he warmed up to the teacher and didn’t throw a fuss about going back this morning. My big boy is growing up so fast.
Gray is great! Getting so big. He is sitting up on his own and eating everything we put in front of him. I know he is just weeks away from crawling. Still no teeth but it will happen soon. He has always been a big drooler so it is hard to tell…
Ill wrap this up for now. Cam is somewhere in the Gulf now – fishing with a childhood friend. He is staying the night on the boat – just floating out there. Creepy, right? But I guess people do it. 

This weekend I am heading out on the town with some friends on Friday night – leaving Cam at home with the kiddos. And Saturday we are heading to one of my best friend’s house for an early dinner and family fun! Should be a nice weekend.

Sunday will be spent remembering my Nana – who passed away a year ago. And Monday I will be celebrating my sweet momma’s birthday…oh how I still miss her so much. Sometimes I wonder if it hurts more now than it did back then. The numbness wears off and it becomes so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment