Well, I have been back at work for 10 months and it seems I hardly have time to breath much less say document all the stuff that happens that I hope to never forget. I forget to remember. Sad.
So here are the things that keep me up at night (hoping to always remember).
• The weekend of December 14, 2012 was one of the most special weekends ever. Cam went to Leaky and I packed up the boys and went to Austin for a visit with Aunt Pam & Uncle Leon and a chance to see some other friends. It became a weekend of firsts – that I (hope to) remember forever. Gray became a walker. In the blink of an eye, he took off. And by the end of the weekend, he was fearless and all over the place. Ahi, Gates’ lifelong companion (binky) broke and he had to learn to sleep without him. He still has the monkey stuffed animal part but the sucking functionality is no longer. He is such a big boy and handled it so well. This weekend also marked Gates first as being completely potty trained. I know we were behind the ball on this, but to be honest, we were in no huge rush. I remember thinking to myself what a great weekend it was…. I also got to spend time with two very special friends that I don’t see enough. And of course time with my aunt and uncle. They provide care, support, love, and memories for me and my children. Warms my heart and they will never know how much it means to me. They took us to look at Christmas lights; we went to Chuck E Cheese (for Gates); we ate hamburgers at a fun little restaurant that Gates could play outside (and Aunt Trishy met us)! It was just non stop fun for us. I have all kinds of warm fuzzies when I look back on that weekend. Blessed.
• Christmas 2012 was the best yet for our Franz Family. Truly. My sister came in town several days before Christmas and stayed for several days after Christmas. To have her with us is the best Christmas present ever. She brings so much fun and happiness into our home. And she helps more than she realizes. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve celebration at Lisa & Colby’s, which was so nice. Of course, Frances, Joe, Lisa & Colby go overboard for the boys and they got so many cool gifts. And Frances went overboard for me, as well. I felt so spoiled leaving there. And lisa’s home is just beautiful and always so well planned and thought out. It was really nice. Christmas morning was so much fun with the boys – Gates was so excited to open his presents and see all his new toys. Gray was mesmerized by the wrapping paper and boxes – and just had fun playing with those. Christmas afternoon we hosted my family at our house (since Mimi was still at the Hampton recovering from a fall in late October). While it was stressful trying to plan the menu, etc – it was SO much fun to have everyone at our house. Cam & I are on the same page when it comes to entertaining. We want people to feel comfortable and I think we achieved that, no doubt. We received several compliments on what a lovely time everyone had. I think we could have put out saltines and kraft cheese slices and everyone would have been just as happy. We all enjoy each other so much. Again, what a blessing.
• A couple days after Christmas, a group of us went to Wood & Wire show at the Mucky Duck. SO. MUCH. FUN. My sister left the next day. And I cried.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment