Monday, August 1, 2011

Groundhog’s Day

Last week – ALL week – I thought I was in my 26th week of this pregnancy. Then, I looked at my calendar and realized I was only on my 25th week. Man o man – do you know what a blow that is? it is like a week lost. And this week is like Groundhog’s Day. The baby is (just now) still an eggplant. The baby is (just now) still getting eyelids. I mean, I know I should be grateful to make it to 26 weeks at all, but TWO weeks in a row. Geez.

But I will say that time has started to speed up. Especially as I realize the number of things I still want to do before this baby comes. Top on that list – name the baby. My husband doesn’t seem to find that as important as I do. I want him to have a name NOW. I think our problem is that Gates is such a great name. There is nothing we would change about it. It is a family name. It is unique. It is strong. And it suites him. We don’t have anything like that for baby #2. Sure, there are other great family names but they aren’t as unique. And, I know you will agree, that we can’t have a Gates and then have a John. It just doesn’t work that way. So who knows what we will end up naming him.

That’s all I got for now. I promise to write more this week. Oh, and post pictures from the circus. and the luau Gates had at school last week. and his hair cut. gosh, i better get to work posting some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment