Friday was Gates’s 2 year check up and we were so happy to hear from the doc how well he is doing! In December, Gates was only in the 15th percentile for his weight and at this checkup he measured in the 57th percentile! He is a growing boy, no doubt. And as you know, because I have been concerned and have vocalized it to everybody, Gates has been a little behind in the talking department. But Dr P said not to worry! He is progressing now and that is all that matters. I think I tend to be a little hard on my little guy. I don’t give him enough credit. The doctor said that in about two months we will have a hard time shutting him up. I welcome it!
After the appointment we took advantage of being out & about on a weekday, as a family. we made a visit to Cam’s grandparents at their new digs (they recently moved to an assisted living place that is just gorgeous). Gates was so well behaved and sweet, you can tell he is really growing out of the shy phase and into a more “I know Im adorable” phase. In all of his adorableness, he managed to dial 911 from their phone. I was scared that an ambulance would be dispatch immediately considering where the call was placed from, but 911 called back and I politely explained to them that my adorable 2 year old was playing with the phone and had accidentally dialed them. I am not sure they found it as amusing. I promised to keep the phone away from him.

After that visit we still weren’t ready to go home but we didn’t know where to go. Gates really had been So sweet all day so we wanted to do something fun for him but it is SO hot outside. So we decided to go somewhere that we will likely never go again; Chuck E Cheese. There are really no words. We felt like we needed a shower as soon as we entered into that place. It was germy and gross and smelly and the food I ordered (even if I am a chronically bad orderer) was hardly edible. But we didn’t let that spoil Gates’ good time – he rode all the little rides at least twice and he tried to play some of the games, even if he was too small. And once the tokens ran out, we promptly left.
Whew! What a Friday!
Saturday was just as exciting, y’all. I have been in real nesting mode for weeks now. This is annoying to everyone around, including myself. I don’t like feeling this way. I have lists EVERYWHERE of things I want to do, areas I want to organize, etc. So my most recent project was to turn this empty space in our house into an official playroom. Previously, this space, which is supposed to be a formal living room, was filled with toys anyway. So Saturday, we woke up and headed to IKEA. Man, that place is frightening. there are no windows, you never know where you are, everything looks alike. At one point, I thought I lost Cameron and I really would have had a panic attack. But we managed to get in and out in two hours with everything we needed to turn this space in our house into an official playroom. And I LOVE It. I will post pics later. The thing about IKEA is that everything comes in a box, needing to be assembled. Even the couch we bought – how is that even possible? But it’s true.
Needless to say, Cameron was a busy man the rest of the day. I am one lucky lady to be married to him!
Sunday we visited Cam’s mom (his dad wasn’t home) for a little while and then took Gates swimming at Cam’s granny’s house. I think everyone loved that – she loved getting to see Gates, Gates loved getting in the water, and Cam and I loved that this would make for a solid afternoon nap. Which it did. And then Grandad (Cam’s dad) wanted to take Gates swimming in the afternoon – so he came and picked him up and they had a fun afternoon at the club. Gates ate icecream, popcicles, chicken tenders, fruit, etc. I know there are few things Gates (and Grandad) enjoy as much as their afternoons together. Sweet. Sweet.


And while Gates was away – Cam and I continued to be so productive. I am proud of how much we accomplished all weekend. We cleaned up the backyard some (it was beginning to look like an abandoned house from the back), I cut Cam’s hair (which has become a regular thing), and we got some things organized in the house.
It was a great weekend! We are finding ways to stay busy during this brutal heat. I just hope I can handle another full 3 months of this. Not to mention, I get bigger every single day. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment